Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- Author National Heavy Haulage
- Published July 21, 2015
- Word count 505
If you’ve ever traveled to Australia’s red centre, it’s likely you’d have stopped at Alice Springs to rest and refuel. Alice Springs has long been a vital transport hub for one of the most remote regions in the world. And yet, in the face of the region’s remoteness and harsh conditions grew a unique breed of road transport pioneers driven by improvisation, innovation and determination.
So, what better location is there to celebrate and preserve Australia’s road transport heritage than the very birthplace of the roadtrain, Alice Springs. The National Road Transport Hall of Fame is an important stop for any transport enthusiast, whether you’re interested in the camel strings of old through to today’s modern roadtrains and coaches, there’s something for everyone.
National Road Transport Hall of Fame
Since 1995, the National Road Transport Hall of Fame (featuring the Shell Rimula Wall of Fame) has been celebrating every aspect of the industry from the rough and ready vehicles of yesteryear, complete with crude modifications, to the bush mechanics and pioneering men and women drove and worked on them.
The National Road Transport Hall of Fame is complemented by two adjoining museums that collectively make up the most comprehensive land transport museum in the southern hemisphere. The Old Ghan Train Railway Museum and the magnificent Kenworth Dealer Truck Museum.
Pioneers Wall of Fame 2015
Each year the museum inducts individuals to the Shell Rimula Pioneers Wall of Fame. The Wall of Fame celebrates our amazing industry and a mateship that’s rarely seen in other industries.
Each individual’s story stands as a record of the trials and tribulations of our transport pioneer both past and present.
This year, the Shell Rimula Wall of Fame will see yet more pioneers honoured as their stories are unveiled at the National Road Transport Hall of Fame’s annual truckies reunion. The Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony is the highlight is the week-long event, scheduled to be held 25th to 31st August 2015.
The reunion is now a major event on Australia’s trucking calendar and features a host of great events, such as the Cummins Truckies’ Race Day, the Shell Rimula dinner, the CAT Truck Big Rigs parade and much more.
There’s still time to nominate for 2015
If you know someone who you think deserves a spot among the road transport greats, there’s still time to nominate them. From the city to the bush, across all sectors of the industry, their contribution may be (or may have been) significant at the local, national or international level. Get involved, gather the information and submit a nomination form on their behalf.
Today’s modern heavy haulage trucks and trailers, like the ones at National Heavy Haulage, have come about solely due to the ingenuity of those brave pioneers we now celebrate at the Shell Rimula Hall of Fame in Alice Springs.
So, if you’re looking for a quality, safe and competitive-priced oversized transport solution, contact National Heavy Haulage today on 1300 79 22 49.
There is just one thing you should know about us. National Heavy Haulage was established to provide a more reliable heavy haulage transport service, it's that simple.https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things That Really Makes a Truck Good for Off-Roading
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues