Is Jealously the Biggest Culprit in Thwarting Your Business Growth?
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published September 24, 2017
- Word count 1,042
Why Gratitude is One of the Biggest Keys to Success
No magic pill, wand or formula was applied in creating this success story.
While Social Media can have many benefits to business growth, there’s an underlying, negative-based energy many people experience that could very well be contributing to the lack of their business growth.
And that energy is jealousy…
For us on the West Coast of Canada, we only get to enjoy a few months of summer warmth and sun each year. This is the time we make plans to get out and enjoy the weather as much as possible.
So it stands to reason that many of the posts shared on Social Media are fun-related. After all, who wants to share posts about the hours they spend behind their computer working 15 hours a day?
While away on holidays recently, it occurred to me there may be some who would look upon my holiday-infused Facebook posts thinking this is my life – doing nothing but having fun and going on holidays.
And when I thought about it, I’ve given them no reason to think otherwise. If a new Facebook business-owner "friend" only saw holiday-related posts, then that’s the impression they would have of me – I never seem to work!
For those that know me, this assumption is far from the truth but nonetheless, for those that don’t, I can see how they would come to that conclusion.
And the interesting thing is, that kind of conclusion has a far-reaching result that could very well be affecting their business success.
That’s because instead of being happy for me, they are feeling a twinge of jealousy.
Jealous that they can't take holidays…
Jealous they can't go for spa treatments…
Jealous they can’t relax poolside at a resort….
And so on.
Jealously is a very insidious thing that can sneak up and snare the most unsuspecting person. How many times have you looked at someone's success or witness all of the wonderful travels they've been on and secretly wished it were you instead of them?
When this happens we nosedive into a lack and scarcity mindset. Our ego kicks into high gear and we get into competition mode. Comparing what WE DON’T have to what THEY DO have.
And when that happens, we’re not in an expansive, abundant state of mind. We’re stifling all energies needed for growth, which can ultimately result in a lack of success.
I did it too. I would see people like Mari Smith travel the world doing keynote speeches or private consulting gigs and think how lucky she is to live such a magical life!
But then I realized magic has absolutely nothing to do with it!
When we see people like Mari, or me for that matter, reaping the rewards of our labour, we fail to realize the labour part of that equation.
The ability to take time off, travel, go to spa appointments or relax at resorts is a product of hard work. It didn't all happen magically, or effortlessly for that matter.
What does gratitude Have to do with success?
I've talked before about my keys to success and aside from working long hours, having a team and building a business wisely, the biggest key to my success is gratitude.
I’m thankful every single day even if a client is upset with me. Gratitude can still be found in the lessons learned to avoid that incident from happening again.
I’m thankful for the hard-working, integral employee giving their notice. Gratitude can still be found because I was able to have them on my team as long as I did and look forward to how that person's replacement will make a positive impact on my business.
I’m thankful for the deadbeat, non-paying client. Gratitude can still be found knowing what kind of client to turn down in the future, seeing the signs ahead of time they will be a challenge to collect from.
This is what I do every day where it’s well documented in my gratitude journal I write in every night.
Success is what you want it to be. You are in control.
Despite the one-sided impression Social Media provides, there is no magic program, product or formula that will create it for you.
But with having an attitude of gratitude, a strong commitment to success and not letting jealously prevent you from thinking you can have that too, you can be successful.
I’ll let you in on a little secret…. many don't know that not long ago Daniel and I were quite destitute. We were on the verge of losing our home and had a $24,000 credit card debt (due to identity theft but that's another story). So I know what it feels like to be on the other side of the pasture thinking everything was so green over there and completely unattainable.
However, what got us through to the other side is we never gave in to victimhood. We believed things will get better, focused on being grateful for what we had, and worked towards what I did want.
Law of attraction expert Dana Smithers has a great solution to when things are not going perfect and that's to ask yourself, "what do I really want?" (Watch this quick video where she explains how this works.)
So the next time you feel a ping of jealousy when you see someone post about their wonderful cruise, their work-wide adventure or their spa treatment, remember there was no magic involved in that person's success.
Only hard work, commitment and a whole lot of gratitude for hill and valley that was overcome along the way to that success.
Take a moment now and no matter how shitty of a day you're having, what can you be grateful for? Ask yourself what is it that you really want? Share below, let's all celebrate with you.
Are you willing to make a commitment to celebrate everyone’s success? Take responsibility for your actions and do what it takes so you can reap similar rewards of success?
Don’t let jealousy be the biggest culprit in the lack of your business growth. Show it who’s boss instead!
Susan Friesen is the founder of eVision Media, a boutique web development and Digital Marketing firm of over 15 years that specializes in designing, building and marketing professional, unique websites for entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations.
Visit www.ultimatewebsiteguide.ca and grab your FREE "Ultimate Guide to Improving Your Website's Profitability - 10 Critical Questions You Must Ask to Get Maximum Results".Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Create Google Charts Like The Sankey Diagram
- What is a Standoff?
- Developing powerful visuals for your presentation
- How To Write A Super Resume In 2020
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- A Guide to the Four Basic Functions of a Motor Starter
- What is the need of hiring a professional photographer?
- The Importance of Brand Messaging for a Successful Website Redesign
- Closed Captioning Services: All You Need To Know About It
- Personal Branding Tips to Boost Business Success
- How to Create a Powerful Corporate Brand
- The Importance of Building and Maintaining a Good Credit Rating
- Does Your Website Need a Content Makeover?
- An Introduction To IPTV
- 5 things to consider before you buy a multifunction printer for the office
- 6 Website Must-Have’s for Small Businesses
- Secrets to Creating a Visual Brand Identity That Sets You Apart
- 7 Crucial Elements to Building an Effective Personal Brand
- Planning to Start A Cafe? Know What Types Of Furniture Will Work!
- Less is More......
- How Can a Business Select an Excellent Venue to Hold Conferences, Company Parties, and Other Business Events
- 10 Superstar Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
- Why Your New Program Launch Could Fail (And How to Prevent it)
- Eight top-notch companies with disappointing websites
- Grow your business in New Zealand with effective presentations
- How to Gesture-AKA; What do I do with my hands?
- Membership Suite Plus: The Customizable Online Course/Training Platform
- The Importance of Having a Crisis Communications Plan in Place for Emergency Management for Business
- CB radio or "citizens band" radio is the perfect medium range communications tool