Will Freelancing Ever Rule the World ?
- Author Anjana Ratnayake
- Published July 10, 2021
- Word count 548
Freelancing is one of the fastest-growing careers in the world. In this profession, people work on a remote basis with no permanent terms of employment. Several years to come, it's expected to contribute as a major source of income for many. The future workforce will comprise both remote workers and full-time employees. The traditional employment system will continue as usual.
An American survey by Statista estimates that more than 50% of the U.S. population will freelance by 2027. Again, what's so special about it that it's likely to rule the future?
Below I have given four Reasons Why Freelancing is Gaining Popularity
Earning some income as a freelancer is easy. A specialized set of skills and a portfolio showing one's capabilities are vital. This gives your potential customers an easier time when it comes to hiring you.
According to Medium-off shoot, 80% of the U.S. workforce expresses interest in working from a home setup. They added that half of the jobs in the U.S. are doable from home. Yet, it's only 7% of employers who can manage to let their staff freelance. With time, they are likely to gain confidence in this system.
- Unmatched Flexibility
Technologically evolving qualities call for the growth of remote working. The post-industrial period had its focus on establishing job stability. The 21st-century era aims at establishing a balanced work-life environment.
A survey by Statista shows that, as of 2020, 64.8 million people were freelancing in America. If a similar trend continues, the figure should rise to 86.5 million people in 2027.
- Rapid Technological Changes
With globalization, it's easier to share skills in various parts of the world. Let's say you need a report written for you. All you need is to get online, and in no time, locate a specialist in that field to do it. That's how simple the process is. More companies have embraced outsourcing. This has made millennials turn out in large numbers to freelance. Statistics show that 47% of millennials have worked remotely at one point in their life.
- Rise of Blockchain Technology
Blockchain is an advanced technology that can decentralize networks. This makes it easy for people to connect. It creates an independent working space. So, how is the blockchain of help in the future of freelancing?
The flourishing abilities of blockchain enhance the contract signing process for freelancers. It's now easier to build trust using the blockchain's infused smart contracts. The increased demand for blockchain experts continues to rise. More qualified people will help in the setting up of smart contracts.
A blockchain payment system eliminates fraud-related issues. People can work without worrying about their payments. Smart contracts also ensure that no one can tamper with a person's work history. This will build trust, and more people will get attracted to venture into freelance work. Companies and corporations will not shy off to outsource either.
What are the chances of freelancing ever dominating the world? Employers can access remote labor at reduced costs. Contrary to the traditional system, companies can now outsource remote skilled labor. Remote working will dominate, considering the unpredictability in the current job market. The earnings potential is unlimited, with a possibility of earning as much as one's skills allow. With proven statistics, it is without a doubt that freelancing will rule the world in years to come.
There are no posted comments.
- Reasons You Need Job Consultants for Finding the Best Placement Opportunities!
- Present Yourself as a ‘No Brainer’ to Hire
- You Believing Hiring Should Be Fair is the Problem
- As a Job Seeker There Are 3 Job Search Truisms You Need to Accept
- When Job Hunting Make Finding a Great Boss Your Priority
- How to Implement an Agile RPO Strategy?
- The Three Managerial Types that Will Make You Want to Walk Out the Door—and What to Do About It
- The Greatest Indian Takeaway
- 10 Compelling Reasons Why You Need a Freelancer
- 7 Horrible Mistakes you could make with Freelance Marketplaces
- What NOT to Do in the Freelance Industry
- Addicted to Freelancing? 6 Reasons We Just Can't Stop it
- The Biggest Problems with Freelancing and How You Can Fix them
- Why Fresh Graduates Are Unemployed?
- How to Turn Your Passion Into a Career
- Will Remote Working Become the Norm after COVID-19?
- Youth Unemployment in Somalia
- The Best Ways to Get a Job [Research-Based]
- Should employees be given uniforms?
- Do you have a problem with your employer?
- Job Interview Preparation
- Refresh on the Definition of Professional Conduct
- Conflict At The Office? Ignore it and it will spiral into something bigger.
- A Guide to Locum Jobs in Australia - What Is Locum Work
- How Recruiters Are Evolving To Staff Open Hospital Positions
- Paying employees by emailing Payslip delivery
- 9 Resume Mistakes to Avoid for Job Seekers
- Koocam’s Innovative Online Teaching-Learning Solution for the Knowledge-Hungry People of Today
- Tips to Write Graduate Resumes