- Author Jimmy Sturo
- Published October 11, 2006
- Word count 317
It is quite simple for qualified truckers to find a steady job, as the demand for truckers is on a rise. But according to recent research, at least 15% of drivers, even those who are experienced, are disqualified when they apply for a trucking position because they lack organization.
When applying for a trucking job, you need to know what to expect. The key here is preparation. You can start the process of applying for a job by talking to a trucking recruiter. However, one recruiter may hire merely for one company, so it is beneficial to speak with several recruiters in order to locate the position that best fits your qualifications and needs.
Be completely honest when speaking with a recruiter about a trucking job. If you need to disclose negative information, do so quickly. You will need to have some necessary documents on hand. These include a current, non-expired CDL with your home address, and your work history for the last three years, though some recruiters may ask you to provide the last five or ten years of your work history. It would be advisable to have professional references, especially in case you have been unemployed for some time. Bring along a list with the names and contact information of your former employers; proof of your work history in the form of old W2 tax forms, DOT numbers or reference letters; a copy of your driving record; and proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. You will have to fill up an I-9 form when you are hired, so be sure you have valid documentation to show your eligibility for hire.
Be prepared to take a drug-screening test, and possess documentation to prove your medical health. Lastly, you will be required to take a driving test, for which you will not get a second chance, so make sure you do well the first time.
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles