The Benefits of Tonneau Covers
- Author Ken Marlborough
- Published October 28, 2006
- Word count 322
Tonneau covers are adjustable covers that fit over the beds of pickup trucks. They serve to make the truck more aerodynamic while providing a covered storage area in the bed of the truck. Several models are available. Many Tonneau Covers are hard tops equipped with hinged doors on the top that give the user access to the truck bed.
Other hard top Tonneau covers can be lifted and suspended in the air by metal or fiberglass poles, similar to the poles that hold most car hoods upright. Other models of Tonneau covers are retractable. Many have paneled tops, where panels can slide underneath other parts to allow users to stow or remove items from the bed. Other retractable Tonneau covers are made of soft materials like vinyl and roll up when people need to access the truck bed.
Tonneau covers decrease the pickup truck’s wind resistance, and thus increase the truck’s speed. Since Tonneau covers seal the truck bed, air does not go into the bed and so meets no resistance at the tailgate of the truck bed. Previously, pickup truck owners had the option of replacing the standard metal truck bed door with a type of plastic or rubber net to reduce wind resistance.
While these covers do reduce wind resistance, they do not provide as much security for items in the back of the truck as a Tonneau cover. A net is not as sturdy as the metal door and it can break much more easily. Nets can also come unhooked, allowing items to blow out of the truck bed when the truck is traveling at high speeds. Door nets also hurt the appearance of the truck, making it look incomplete or shoddy. Tonneau covers provide much more secure storage and give the trucks a professional look.
Adding security as well as aesthetic value to pickup trucks, Tonneau covers are a good investment for any pickup truck owner.
Truck Tonneau Covers provides detailed information on Tonneau Covers, Truck Tonneau Covers, Hard Tonneau Covers, Fiberglass Tonneau Covers and more. Truck Tonneau Covers is affiliated with Used Pickup Trucks.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles