You’re Towing Safety
- Author Freddy Poveda
- Published July 23, 2009
- Word count 542
Wherever you go especially if on a long drive, to a far destination, in your SUV you need to be well prepared for a tow. You may have never had a road mishap before or you might be a very safe driver but you never know when you may end up with a flat tire or an empty gas tank. You need to have the number of some or the other towing company ready with you whenever you travel. The best of the towing companies today are the Manhattan towing company, New York City towing company, Bronx towing. These companies provide you with speedy services needed in towing and also with additional help required like emergency service when you have a flat tire, battery run out, car lock out etc. These services provided are good but the most important consideration during towing is safety. Safety for your car and you and your family.
When towing your car it’s a necessity to use safety chains to ensure that your car remains attached to the towing truck .It ensures the safety of the car and is also keeps you legal. When you are using safety chains be sure to check that the chains are crossed under the tongue of the trailer, this makes sure that even if the trailer were to get detached from the hitch it will not be separated from the tow truck. Make sure your towing chains are loose enough to enable you to take turns towing but not too loose that they are hanging on the ground to cause further trouble. When you are towing your vehicle you have to be sure that he cars behind you know when you are going to break or take a turn. Check if the trailer has break lights, side lights and also tail lights that work in union with that of the tow truck. Each trailer is provided with a wire harness that connects the trailer wiring to that of the tow truck to get these signals.
Also when you are towing make sure the towing truck does not exceed its capacity. This is to ensure that there is no damage to the drive train. Also if the load exceeds the towing capacity it may cause further damage. This can have an effect on the insurance of your vehicle. When you are towing you have to be very careful that the vehicle is securely fastened to the towing truck. You don’t want to cause damage to your vehicle and the other drivers on the road by not fastening your vehicle properly.
When you start towing ensure that he hitch is the right size. If not your car might just come loose when you are towing. Make sure that all the electrical equipments are intact. The parking brake must be released and the car should be put into neutral before you drive away. Try and be careful of the speed while driving. Ensure that none of your family members or pets is in the vehicle being towed. To ensure all these safety tips while you are towing its necessary to have a good towing services .The ones you can rely on are the Manhattan towing services and the New York city towing.
If you are in need of NYC towing, well there's only one place to go! Look up [towing
NYC](http://www.newyorkcitytowing.biz/) and get the best company to help you with your needs.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles