The Easy-Bake Recipe for a Souped-up Diesel Rig
- Author David Brooks
- Published April 23, 2007
- Word count 437
The following recipe for Triple-Baked Diesel Casserole is guaranteed to turn your diesel truck into a red-hot race rig. Careful baking lets the natural juices flow while a quick simmer extract the powerful flavors and tasty torque lurking deep inside your truck’s powerplant.
1 Superchips Flashpaq Tuner
1 MBRP Turbo-Back Diesel Exhaust System
1 Quadzilla Monster Air Intake Kit
2 cups elbow grease
6-pack of sudsy brew
1 dash of tire smoke, according to taste
Park your rig in a flat, shady spot and allow to cool. While your truck sits cooling, crack open a sudsy brew and open the other ingredients. Each component includes a complete instruction sheet—familiarize yourself with these while sipping the icy beverage.
The most labor intensive part of this recipe is the exhaust kit. Once your rig is cool, remove the factory exhaust and down pipe. Toss the remains aside. Carefully follow the included instructions and mount the MBRP exhaust kit and down pipe to your truck. This free-flowing system increases power and torque, decreases EGTs and lends a throaty rumble to your rig. Once bolted-up, let the truck sit while you prepare the cold-air intake kit. Crack another brew.
While the exhaust system steeps, open the Quadzilla Monster Air Intake Kit and prepare to blend with the exhaust. Skim the factory intake from the top of your powerplant, being careful not to damage the air sensor. This will prevent the dreaded check-engine light from turning on later. Install the intake kit according to Quadzilla’s directions—stirring occasionally. Once blended, the cold-air intake and the exhaust system rise together to form a free-breathing, power-producing machine. Relax for a spell with another brew, you’ve earned it.
The icing on this performance cake is the Superchips Flashpaq Tuner. Once the intake and exhaust has completely baked, it takes only a few minutes to install the tuner. Again, closely follow Superchips’ directions and plug the consol into your OBD-II port. Choose your tune and set the desired parameters. Now, pop open one final celebratory bottle of suds because your done!
Step into your well-done rig and fire it up. Depending on how closely the recipe was followed, your horsepower and torque numbers should look more like oven settings than factory specs. And, don’t worry—that billowing smoke is coming from the rubber burning beneath your triple-baked diesel rig.
A complete collection of hot-rod recipes can be found in “The Joy of Diesel Cooking” by Johnny Neptune. The required ingredients for the above Triple-Baked Diesel Casserole recipe are available from these fine manufacturers: SuperchipsSuperchips, MBRP and Quadzilla Cold Air Intake. - David S. Brooks
David Brooks is the SEO Manager for AutoAnytyhing, an auto accessories and performance parts e-tailer based in San Diego, CA.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Benefits of Leasing a Van or Truck for Your Small Business
- Vehicular Performance - Miles vs. Hours
- IFTA Calculation through ELD and Fleet Management
- MA 1080 – Telematics wonder by Matrack
- How to reduce Driver Detention?
- Transition from AOBRD to ELD
- The Truck Drivers of the Future - Millennials
- Combating Cargo Theft
- How to find a good trucking company?
- Customise Your Ute With Ute Storage Drawers
- 5 Significant Factors You Should Consider Before Renting a Vehicle
- Do You Need a Truck Rack?
- Self-Driven Vehicles Testing Guidelines Tightened
- Driver Buddy The Latest Technology in Driver Management.
- 5 Reasons to Begin a Career as a Truck Driver
- Buying A Used Forklift
- Increased Fatality Rates Due to Commercial Truck Rollover Accidents
- Train Air Horns Sound
- 6 fascinating facts about Caterpillar
- The world’s biggest and deepest mines
- Featured Equipment: Komatsu WA500-3 Loader
- How Cargo Vans Can Uplift Your Business
- Tax deductions to drive plant and equipment sales
- How to avoid truck blind spots
- How we remain safe on the road and you can too
- Hall of Fame celebrates our Aussie truckers
- The future of Australian mining metals: liquid natural gas
- Top 5 facts about the largest Caterpillar wheel loader
- Turbo Diesel Pick Up Trucks and Fuel Dilution Issues
- Truck Accessories-Many fix real troubles