Email Based Marketing vs. Email Blast - 3 Fundamental Differences
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published March 6, 2010
- Word count 499
Email based marketing is a fundamentally sound business building strategy used online to accelerate sales growth. The list of email addresses used in this strategy is a collection of people who 'voluntarily' left their contact information on a squeeze page. Contact by email is then made with these people which 'involves' promoting goods and services to them. But how is it that this strategy differs from that of sending out email blasts? Are these 2 strategies not one in the same and if not how do they differ?
Well the main similarity these two strategies share is their use of email for the intentions of marketing. After that there tends to be significant differences that set these two marketing strategies apart.
Let's look at 3 philosophical differences behind the intentions of email blasts as opposed to email marketing.
A 'true' email marketer will spend time and effort on developing a relationship with the members on their list. This can normally be seen when not every one of their messages is a solicitation for business.
Email blasts convey a much different and impersonal tone in their messages. Little or no attempt is made to engage the reader other then the subject line or salutation in the message itself.
Email marketing messages do not all focus on promoting goods and services and when they do the approach is more subtle, casual or laid back.
Emailing blasting involves a more full on sales 'assault' clearly promoting, and often times vigorously, any product or service they represent. This approach is normally a hard push that is easy to recognize and hard to like.
Value of the Message
Email marketers when building relationships with their subscribers will often times make it a habit to share useful and interesting information with them. In fact it is not uncommon for the intent of many of their messages to convey nothing more than information the reader may find helpful.
A typical email blast spends little or no time towards being of service to the reader but instead is of more interest in what use the reader may be to them.
As you have probably picked up by now email based marketing is an earnest attempt to trade value and gain trust in return for an occasional sale. When making contact by email the email marketer works on building a rapport with people. Email blasts on the other hand blatantly 'cut to the chase' with hard sales tactics and little or no social chatter. Often times the list of email addresses people use when sending 'blasts' were purchased from an unknown third party source therefore their messages are unsolicited. So as you can see besides the use of email these 2 strategies have little in common. One makes contact with you by 'invitation' based upon you voluntarily leaving your information at a squeeze page. The other 'strategy' is more a like a full fledged 'bull rush' for a sale with little regard to you as the customer.
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client
- Email Marketing - Personalize It or Not?
- Email Marketing Software – Choosing the Best One!