3 Reasons to Build a List for Your Online Business
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published May 22, 2010
- Word count 440
When working online it is a very wise business decision to build a list of email addresses that you can easily promote to on a regular basis. Now an argument against this is that many sales are lost as a result of people being diverted to a squeeze page. As true as this argument may it be does not consider the long range effects that building a list has on an online business.
Here are 3 very compelling reason why building a list for any online business makes sense and how it can quickly pay dividends time and again.
The list of email addresses you accumulate at your squeeze page should be targeted insofar as they all responded to an ad you placed. With that said you now know what it is your list members want or need so you now know what to promote to them. You are not 'shooting' blindly here and this knowledge will help to greatly increase the effectiveness of your promotional messages.
Cost Effective Marketing
Traffic generation is ALWAYS costly even if it does not cost you money. The investment of your time and efforts that goes into generating traffic is something you need to consider as a cost to your business. These efforts can be put to use elsewhere that can make you money.
Having a list is allows you to promote to traffic ALREADY generated and from this standpoint is one of the most cost effective things you can do for your business.
The list of email addresses you have allows for easy access to these people since they have already agreed to receive your promotional emails. As we have already mentioned the need to put time or effort into generating traffic is not necessary since you already have a way to contact your list members. By using an auto-responder service you can now schedule messages to go out to list members at different intervals. These messages can even be pre-programmed it ahead of time. It does not get any easier than this.
For any business that operates on the internet it is wise to build a list of email addresses in order to make more efficient use of your marketing efforts. Although some sales may be lost due to people leaving your squeeze page without opting in, building a list still makes good business sense. The 3 reasons we discussed above make it hard to argue against anything other than list building. Both the near and long term benefits of having a list more than compensate for any possible loss of sales that may be left at your squeeze page.
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- MDaemon Messaging Server - a business email server for Windows
- How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Avaya Users Email List - Avaya Users Mailing Data - B2B Technology Lists
- Autodesk Users Email List - Buy AutoDesk User List - B2B Technology Lists
- Actuate Users Email List - Actuate Users Mailing List - B2B Technology Lists
- Email etiquette nightmares we could all do without
- Microsoft Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, and so forth
- Print to Mail Automation for Corporate Businesses.
- Get Reliable Solution to Wipe Out Hiccups Related To Hotmail
- B2B Mailing List | B2B Email List | B2B Data List-B2B Leo
- VMware Users Email List-B2B Leo
- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold?
- Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, and Beyond
- Why Disaster Recovery Solutions is Unavoidable?
- E-delivery is the Green Step to Business Success
- How important is Automail System for B2B Communications?
- How to prevent e-mail attacks
- Can social media replace email marketing?
- QuickLock - A Disruptive New Office Technology?
- Don’t Let Your Email Ruin Your Chances: Professional Email Etiquette
- Top 5 Email Marketing Strategies
- Increasing Email Productivity with Gmail Filters
- 7 Subject Line Tricks to Get Your Emails Opened
- How To Make Your List More Responsive
- Lead Capture Systems – Getting More Customers
- Do’s and Don’ts when sending email
- Easy steps on how to build your Email marketing list
- Do More with Your Email with the EverDesk Email Client
- Email Marketing - Personalize It or Not?
- Email Marketing Software – Choosing the Best One!