Your emotional journey in the early days following your relationship break up or separation-What to Expect!
- Author James Richardson
- Published July 12, 2011
- Word count 701
Following your divorce,relationship break up or separation,you may be surprised and alarmed to experience both the strength and range of emotions that you are currently feeling.
You may notice that your emotions are different to other people who are separated. This appears, in part,to depend on who has ended the relationship- whether its you or your ex partner. The person who suggests the relationship is over may have had many months and often years to think about their decision,therefore they have travelled along the emotional road before their partner. They are also feeling different emotions, probably more guilt,relief and sadness , rather than the shock,rejection, anger, grief and confusion of the partner who is left.
Comment from "Mike", a participant in one of The Divorce Recovery Cent re's "Recovery" workshops who went through his own Separation and Divorce, and who kindly agreed to share his experiences and insights and to appear on the "Recovery" DVD Set we recently produced :
"When i hear about relationships between people , or marriages, whatever the case may be, breaking up, for whatever reason, i feel for them-i really do, because i know the pain they are going to go through-everyone goes through it in one way,shape or form. Initially one will hurt more than the other,in the beginning, normally the "dumpee", the person that gets left behind. The person that leaves, the"dumper",thinks they've done the right thing, and they may have. But at some period of time, maybe at a later stage ,they go through a lot of pain too-in my case 18 months later and i just couldn't appreciate how that could happen: that after 18 months of me making the "decision",i was the dumper, thinking I'd "moved on" and living in what i thought was my own "single man's paradise",after 18 months i found myself falling apart. So i empathize with people-i think we all suffer through it (a relationship breakdown).
It may help you to know,that its very normal for newly separated people to sigh a lot,to feel in a daze.They also sometimes talk much more than normal or say nothing. Sometimes they eat much more and other times they wont eat at all. Its very normal for you to feel as though you are the only single person at the movies or on the beach and that everyone is looking at you. You may feel anxious or scared.You may have trouble sleeping, have a knot in your stomach,or feel empty inside.
You may have trouble trusting people. Newly Separated people sometimes feel they are going crazy.They can cry unexpectedly. All these emotions are very normal.They come and they go.They gradually lessen. Eventually they are forgotten.
At the early stages of your break up,divorce or separation you are probably asking questions like "how can i get over my break up","how can i move on after my separation","how can i feel better after my divorce"etc .The Divorce Recovery Centre was established to support and assist people in your situation. Our experience shows that the "Recovery" process of overcoming the strong emotions felt, following a relationship break up,separation or divorce is a gradual process . Key elements of this "Recovery"process include education , sharing with others in a similar situation, greater understanding, increased self esteem, acceptance,and learning new skills . This exciting, revitalising route, takes hard work and commitment , however the benefits are yours for life! We created my DVD Set "Recovery"to offer people the skills to heal and create a new, fulfilled and complete life. The 3 DVD "Recovery" Set is a very reassuring , interactive and moving guide to help YOU in your "Recovery" process .The Recovery DVD set is unique , we think ,in allowing many people unable to attend our groups and workshops ,to participate in a healing divorce recovery program. Viewers consistently comment that they no longer feel alone in their feelings and experiences after viewing the "Recovery" DVD Set and feel more optimistic about their future.This ,alone, i feel,makes the project very worthwhile and gratifying. Please visit our website for further articles and information on the 'Recovery' DVD Set.
The Divorce Recovery Centre,was established in Sydney ,Australia in 1996. We have an excellent 3 DVD Set , which is a Divorce Recovery Course on DVD!! Please see details at our website below.
www.divorcerecoverycentre.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Suffolk Country Top 5 Rated Divorce Lawyer
- How to Cope with Divorce
- Why Should You Opt For A Postnuptial Agreement?
- What is a C100 Child Arrangements Form and When Do I need One?
- Co-Parenting After Divorce: 3 Benefits for Your Family
- Divorce and Children During the Holidays
- What Factors Determine the Type and Amount of Alimony in Florida?
- Divorce Lawyer in Spring TX
- Spousal Maintenance and A Huge Mistake
- Top 6 Uncovered Branches under Family Law Fort Worth You Must Know
- Fort Worth’s Divorces are Painful, But It Gets Adjusted Overtime
- Navigating the Difficulties of a Divorce
- Contemplating a Divorce? Why You Need a Divorce Lawyers
- Advantages Of Being The First To Meet With A Divorce Lawyer
- Divorce Costs: The Cost Of Revenge
- Family Violence More Likely To Occur In Homes With Kids
- Divorce Property Settlement Myths
- Cross Divorces In Cyprus
- Maintenance After Divorce In Cyprus
- Help Save My Marriage: How to save your marriage when it’s only you making attempts to see it last
- Unexpected Upsides to My Parents Divorce
- Child Custody and Religion During a Divorce
- The Why and How about a Prenuptial Agreement?
- Ex-Spouse Filing For Bankruptcy? How This Affects Child Support
- A Guide To Choose The Right Divorce Lawyer
- Having Trouble Collecting Child Support From Your Ex-Spouse?
- Disconnecting From Your Spouse Online
- How Social Media Is Used In Divorce Proceedings
- Family Law: Dealing with the Stress of Divorce
- Child Custody: Grandparents Vs. Parents