An Inside Look at the Link Between Divorce, Dating, and Dental Health
- Author Ryan Johnson
- Published April 18, 2023
- Word count 487
Currently, divorce rates in the United States come to 2.3 people per 1,000. While the overall trend is steadily declining, it’s on the rise for people who are over the age of 50. If you are currently starting a new chapter of your life post-divorce, then it may involve joining the world of dating again. If that’s the case, then keep reading for the link between divorce, dating, and dental health!
Why You Should Focus on Your Smile Post-Divorce
Following your divorce, you may have a lot of goals on your plate, from finding a new place to make your own and securing a new job to figuring out what genuinely makes you happy. There’s one more thing that should be on your list: focusing on your smile. There are a few reasons for this. First, your smile plays a crucial role in the first impression you make when you walk into a leasing center, job interview, or first date. Second, the stress of going through a divorce may have taken a toll on your smile through teeth grinding, an inconsistent oral hygiene regimen, and the like.
The good news is that focusing on your smile can start with something small, like scheduling a checkup and cleaning if it’s been more than six months since your last visit. From there, you can talk to your dentist about your smile goals and get a better understanding of what can make those goals a reality.
How Your Dental Health Impacts Your Dating Life
Did you know that recent research points to first impressions being made in less than a second? Studies have also found that the first feature people look at is your smile. So, naturally, one of the best ways to make a positive, lasting impression is by making your smile one of your best features! If this wasn’t reason enough to focus on your smile during this new chapter of your life, several surveys have shown that people with a dazzling, bright grin, are viewed as likable, healthy, and trustworthy to potential suitors as well. Simply put, your smile can influence the success of your dating life in multiple ways, so don’t neglect it.
What You Can Do If You Don’t Like Your Smile
If you’re unhappy with the state of your current smile due to chipped, stained, or crooked teeth, then it’s time to schedule a consultation with your cosmetic dentist. During this appointment, they will learn all about your smile goals and conduct an oral exam to determine which treatment options are best for the look, function, and health of your smile. Fortunately, you may not have to wait long either. Many cosmetic dental treatments – including veneers and dental bonding – can completely transform your smile in just a few visits. As a result, the sooner you schedule a visit, the sooner you’ll have the gorgeous smile you want!
There are no posted comments.
- Divorce & Separation: Understanding Your Legal Options
- Is it Normal to Regret Getting a Divorce?
- How motivated are you?
- Mirage of Divorce and Separation
- How a Smile Makeover Can Help You Start Over After a Divorce
- Go easy on yourself after divorce: why post-divorce guilt exists, and why it shouldn't
- Alimony, Spousal Support, & Dividing Marital Property During a Divorce
- When to Seek the Aid of a Family Lawyer While Proceeding with Divorce in UAE
- The Shattered Dreams of Divorce
- Steps for Starting the Divorce Process
- Suffolk Country Top 5 Rated Divorce Lawyer
- How to Cope with Divorce
- Why Should You Opt For A Postnuptial Agreement?
- What is a C100 Child Arrangements Form and When Do I need One?
- Co-Parenting After Divorce: 3 Benefits for Your Family
- Divorce and Children During the Holidays
- What Factors Determine the Type and Amount of Alimony in Florida?
- Divorce Lawyer in Spring TX
- Spousal Maintenance and A Huge Mistake
- Top 6 Uncovered Branches under Family Law Fort Worth You Must Know
- Fort Worth’s Divorces are Painful, But It Gets Adjusted Overtime
- Navigating the Difficulties of a Divorce
- Contemplating a Divorce? Why You Need a Divorce Lawyers
- Advantages Of Being The First To Meet With A Divorce Lawyer
- Divorce Costs: The Cost Of Revenge
- Family Violence More Likely To Occur In Homes With Kids
- Divorce Property Settlement Myths
- Cross Divorces In Cyprus
- Maintenance After Divorce In Cyprus