The Necessity of Good Work Ethics
- Author Charlene Lacandazo
- Published February 13, 2012
- Word count 520
A good work ethic is a skill that needs to be acquired, although some people believe that it is a natural attitude or behaviour of an individual. It is often said that, with a changing workplace environment, it is necessary to change workplace ethics too!
Good work ethics includes a positive attitude with all work projects and having a good relationship with other people inside the workplace. Hence, work ethics are probably the most important asset that every individual should have in the workplace. But, what is the significance of work or business ethics to the people?
Running a business requires adequate consideration given to a number of issues outside the traditional scope of making money, of which ethics is most certainly one. Does it mean that business managers or executives should not only understand finance and marketing but also should study the business ethics? What is the impact of studying business ethics to the company?
As a business grows and becomes more significant, any individuals that work under the name of a certain company make an impact on the lives and circumstances of people in different ways. Thus, business ethics is especially important in dealing with customers.
Impacts of Business Ethics on the Company
It is perfectly reasonable to ask why it is necessary to be good. The question itself implies a positive answer. Most often, good behaviour brings its own reward; although ethics is not the same as self interest, business executives often believe that these things are the same. An ethical company is more likely to build a good reputation, which will most likely bring financial rewards over the long term. However, not all people can perform the right ethics in the workplace, only those people who are interested and ethically understand their functions and value to the company.
Cultural Ethics – Increasing Trust and Driving Down Risks
An organization with strong ethical values, from top executives to managers to workers, tends to experience less misconduct, and thus less retaliation on the job. Many people ask why ethics is such a vital component of management practice and business leadership. It has been said that companies cannot be competitive at either national or international levels, without the practice and application of business ethics; with ethics both the company and workers feel an obligation to consider not only their own personal well-being but also the welfare of the entire group as a whole.
Creating an Ethical Workplace
Business managers in organization commonly strive to encourage ethical practices in order to ensure moral conduct and to gain a business advantage. One of the effective ways to promote ethics in the workplace is to provide the work force with appropriate training.
Business ethics is an important responsibility of everybody in the workplace; it is not just the responsibility of business executives and business managers in the company, but also it is a social responsibility of the workers. Thus, it is necessary not to wait to let other people tell you about your behaviour but, you need to work out your values in order to fit in a particular harmonized and ethical group.
Charlene Lacandazo works for Rosetta Translation, a translation agency in London specialising in business translations.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Turn Your Passion Into a Career
- Will Remote Working Become the Norm after COVID-19?
- Youth Unemployment in Somalia
- The Best Ways to Get a Job [Research-Based]
- Should employees be given uniforms?
- Do you have a problem with your employer?
- Job Interview Preparation
- Refresh on the Definition of Professional Conduct
- Conflict At The Office? Ignore it and it will spiral into something bigger.
- A Guide to Locum Jobs in Australia - What Is Locum Work
- How Recruiters Are Evolving To Staff Open Hospital Positions
- Paying employees by emailing Payslip delivery
- 9 Resume Mistakes to Avoid for Job Seekers
- Koocam’s Innovative Online Teaching-Learning Solution for the Knowledge-Hungry People of Today
- Tips to Write Graduate Resumes
- Unconventional Thinking or Creation of Jobs in Times of Crisis Read more: Unconventional Thinking or Creation of Jobs in Times
- 5 Things You Should Know When Looking for a Job Abroad
- Work As A Bookkeeper
- Ten Fatal Interviewing Mistakes
- Frustrated by the Job Search?
- How To Use Humor In A Job Interview
- Why Your Resume Isn’t Getting Read
- Top 8 Skills for Virtual Assistants Jobs
- How to get a job
- How RPO/ORS (Recruitment Process Outsourcing) Service is Useful for Staffing Firms:
- Both Companies And Job Seekers Can Avail Services Of Healthcare Recruiters
- What People Need To Think About When Entering Civilian Life
- How to Choose the Right Training Provider
- Turn Weaknesses Into Your Strengths During Job Interviews
- 7 Reasons why you should search online For Your Next Job