Smoking In The Course Of Pregnancy - Hidden Dangers To Your Unborn Child
- Author Jared Dulle
- Published April 9, 2012
- Word count 460
Many women know that smoking while pregnant puts their unborn child at risk. However, the complete extent of that risk is probably unknown. Woman who smoke while pregnant put their child at risk for a long list of negative consequences. Inhaling second hand smoke can even cause negative effects on your child. It becomes more about protecting your unborn child than just protecting yourself. There are very many safe methods to use to quit smoking, as well as support systems in place even if you are not directly supported at home. Here are only a few of the possible effects smoking while pregnant can have on your child.
The nicotine, tar and carbon monoxide you inhale while smoking are passed on to your baby. Your baby can then develop a full range of lung complications because of the second hand smoke you pass on to your baby. There are quite a few complications that can be caused by lung damage. The effects of those chemicals in the blood stream of your baby can cause the oxygen to bind or displace. This oxygen is not only necessary for life it helps the baby develop correctly. One very common problem caused by a mother smoking during pregnancy is low birth weight in their newborn baby. Then, there are additional complications that can arise from low birth weight. Newborns suffering from low birth weight conditions make up more than 20 percent of all births nationwide. A increased risk for preterm delivery is also attributed to smoking during pregnancy. One study shows a 14% likelihood of preterm delivery caused by smoking. 10 percent of all infant mortality cases including SIDS can be attributed to smoking during pregnancy. According to the American Lung Association this is a true statistic.
While this is a significant side effect there are many others associated with smoking during pregnancy. A few of the other known risks include cerebral palsy, learning disabilities and retardation. The most prevalent and serious risk associated with smoking during pregnancy is infant death.
There is tremendous cause for concern when a mother smokes during pregnancy.
At this time, we don't completely understand the highly negative effects smoking during pregnancy can have on the baby. We've been talking about the consequences for an unborn baby but this issues don't go away after birth. These far reaching consequences can stay with the child far into adulthood. The effects of the dire consequences of smoking during pregnancy can last the child's lifetime. Quitting smoking is vital to the baby and the mother for this reason.
These hints can certainly be invaluable for your needs during and after the pregnancy. Anyhow, in the event you one of the ladies who experience difficult to conceive a baby, then check out the advice below.
Have you been struggling to fall pregnant? Don't lose hope!
Find out how you may get pregnant in a natural way in eight weeks with Pregnancy Miracle by Lisa Olson - the most recommended holistic remedies book on the web or learn more about how to get pregnant quick on this site.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How CBD May Interact With Birth Control
- Midwifery Annual Congress 2019
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas With Color Powder
- So You Don't Sleep Well During Pregnancy? Read This Tips!
- The Naked Truth Now Exposed! "You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About The 5 Fat And Pregnant Childbirth Defects?"
- What is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopic Surgery Methods - Simpler Operations
- Can You Take Tums While Pregnant?
- A List Of Healthy Food To Eat While Pregnant
- Making a Wise Choice with Free Printable Baby Shower Games
- PUPPP Treatments
- About PUPPP
- What is PUPPP?
- Different Baby Bottle Nipples
- Different Baby Bottle Brands
- Tips To Help You Enjoy Your Pregnancy!
- 5 Nutritional Foods to Eat When Pregnant
- How to Prepare for First Pregnancy
- 3D vs 4D Ultrasound
- Thermometers and Babies
- Pregnancy Naturally
- Finding a Fertility Doctor in the Greater Olathe Area
- Find a Missouri Fertility Clinic to Get Help Starting Your Family
- Get Pregnant With a Boy - It Is Possible To Conceive a Boy
- How An Abortion Pill Works
- Diet to Conceive a Boy - Ensure You Have A Baby Boy
- Issues to Consider with Egg Donation in Overland Park
- My View on Home and Water Birth As a Father and How I Prepared
- The Wonderful Benefits of Pre- and Postnatal Massage
- Finding A Donor Egg in Kansas City
- Fertility Specialist Kansas City - About Surrogacy