How To Stop Anxiety Attacks - 2 Quick Tips To Treat Panic Attacks
- Author Carson Nathaniel
- Published November 9, 2012
- Word count 510
Panic attacks are usually accompanied by shortness of breath and pain in the chest. Victims of anxiety attacks should have the basic knowledge on how to stop panic attacks so that any further damage can be avoided. Usually, sufferers inaccurately assess the situation as heart attack, thus leading to further anxiety, which is not helpful at all. In order to combat anxiety attacks, one must keep a strong mind in order to eliminate the anxiety and stop the attack within minutes. There are some basic techniques that can be done by everyone to stop panic attacks.
Mental and Psychological Aspects: How to Stop Panic Attacks
As they all say, it is all in the mind. Hand in hand with the physical aspects, victims should consider strengthening his or her mental or psychological aspects. This will pave the way towards effectively eliminating anxiety attacks. The following techniques can do wonders:
• Eliminate the hardships and pain by clearing one's mind of any thoughts. This is the most practical way of eliminating any kind of fear and this works well for anxiety attacks. Believe it or not, it can be a very liberating experience because you are freeing your mind of all the fears and negative thoughts.
• Maintain a positive outlook at all times. This is an effective preventive mechanism. By allowing positive thoughts occupy your mind, chances are, you will no longer feel any fear. Negative thoughts can be successfully driven out of your system. The simplest way of doing this is by revisiting praises that you have received recently or by recalling the remarkable events in your childhood.
Physical Aspects: How to Stop Panic Attacks
By controlling some important physical aspects, one can avoid further sufferings caused by anxiety attacks. Here are some of the most effective techniques on how to stop panic attacks that are connected with the sufferers' physical aspects:
• The basic rule: Relax your body and keep your eyes shut. This may sound very simplistic but it can go a long way. By removing stress of any sort in your body, it will be easier to control other aspects that contribute to the situation. According to reports, simply closing one's eyes can do wonders because it can stop the attack right there and then. When the victim gets to successfully relax, his or her brain will no longer entertain any negative thoughts. This can lead to successfully stopping the attack.
• Learn the proper breathing techniques. Proper breathing can spell the difference between success and failure in combating panic attacks. Experts suggest the victim to hold his or her breath for around 7 to 8 seconds. Also, when breathing in, make sure that the victim is holding as much as he or she can. In addition, one must breathe in and out from the bottom of one's chest.
These are just some of the effective ways on how to stop panic attacks. Simple problems often call for easy solutions. When having a panic attack, the first rule is not to succumb to the panic. These techniques will definitely help you through.
There are no posted comments.
- Anxiety Amidst the Flames.
- Abundant Living Neuro: Your Top Choice for Neurofeedback in Tulsa
- Self-Care: Lattes and Ice Cream. Really?
- Looking for the Best Treatment for Anxiety and Depression? Here’s Why Our Approach Is Better
- Do You Feel Threatened When You’re Criticised?
- Help for Shy Women
- Do You Struggle with Dental Anxiety? Read This!
- The Fear
- Understanding Hoarding Disorder and Its Treatment
- When Choosing a Healthy Lifestyle Leads to Alienation
- How to stay healthy and positive?
- Getting Over Shyness & Social Anxiety
- 4 Book That Help You Beat Anxiety And Stress
- Can Hemp Oil Help With My Anxiety?
- Yoga Techniques To Transform A Negative Mind
- Weighted Blankets for Adults with Anxiety
- Smart Techniques for Dealing with Stress
- Reducing Elderly Depression with Group Activities
- A.B.C. STOP This Anxiety
- Five Things You Must Consider When Overcoming Depression
- Panic Problems Can Be Improved Eternally
- The Fear of Death and Dying
- Panic Diaries: A Genealogy of Panic Disorder by Jackie Orr
- Panic Attack Disorder and How to Stop It
- Settling The Cases In a Systematic Way
- How to gain more confidence in yourself!
- My Panic Attacks Treatment - 100% Natural For Women Over 30
- Understanding Mental Health
- Kick Out PTSD Thinking and Celebrate New Beginnings