Can you Handle the Magic of Disney World Gay Days?
- Author Ben Smith
- Published February 13, 2013
- Word count 425
What could possibly be more magical than thousands of members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) community, their families and their supporters, gathering together in one of the largest gay pride events in the world? When it is called Disney World Gay Days and happens at the most magical place on earth, that’s what!
This years Disney World Gay Days will take place in Orlando from May 31 to June 2, 2013, and the weekend promises to be an event you won’t want to miss. The event gets underway with RipTide at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Waterpark on Friday, combining two of the most fantastic things - water slides and cocktails. The private party will run from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m and will have you surfing a tidal wave one minute and then showing off your moves on the dance floor the next.
Saturday will be the day that you sport your red t-shirt and channel your inner child as you enjoy Magic Kingdom® during Red Shirts Create Magic. The event has grown from about 3,000 members of the GLBT community gathering in 1991, to tens of thousands of GLBT’s, their families and their supporters, wearing red shirts and and having the time of their lives at Magic Kingdom®.
The red shirts at Disney World Gay Days are to encourage and show support for the GLBT community and the event is a way for people to reclaim childhood joys that may have been lost due to homophobia in earlier years. The growing attendance also indicates the increasing number of GLBT’s with children.
Finally, the Disney World Gay Days’ weekend will wrap up the way any great weekend should: with Drinks Around the World and Retro-T at Epcot©. You’ll be able to get your Canadian drink on when you sip a cold beverage while visiting Canada or head on over to Germany to sample their delightful fare.
After sampling the best that other countries of the world have to offer in the food and drink department, you can work off those extra calories with a private dance party at the Odyssey from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Of course your grooves will be an excellent time to show off your Retro-T that you will be wearing.
Finally, that night will end with a magical fireworks display "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth", watched by you from a VIP private viewing area. Disney World Gay Days is shaping up to be one magical weekend and you don’t want to miss it. Get your tickets today.
There are no posted comments.
- The Boarder Crisis will only get worse
- CardioFlex Therapy Spring 2021 Community Events
- Travelling Through the Timeline
- Nicolle Stinson is called to Ministry
- Contrary To The Ethiopian Transport Minister's False & Misleading Statements - ET302 Flight Crew Did Not Follow Procedures
- What should you consider when planning an event?
- Saving the world with Eco-Powered WiFi for Events
- Make you holiday Party ‘A Fun Blasting’ with Party Energizers!
- The "Great Recession" - Ten Years Later
- From Burning Trees To a Lighthouse
- The African-American With Lewis and Clark
- Get to know about Significant event security tips
- Three Messages That Astounded Me
- How Channing's list Helps You Joining Ecstatic Events in Your City?
- Make Your Cocktail Party Best In A Cocktail Lounge Huddersfield
- Two Million Dollars Bail
- Some Simple Ways To Make Your Children's Birthday Party Huddersfield A Hit
- The "Ins and Outs" of Event Budget Planning
- Sergeant Robert Bales is facing court martial for gunning down 18 civilians during a killing spree.
- Carefree is "Car Country" Every Saturday Morning
- Technological breakthroughs
- Support Adult and Pediatric Epilepsy Day at Paul Martin’s American Bistro
- Geelong is the best area for wedding venue in Australia
- How to buy Football Tickets Safely
- New Zealand’s Struggle with Marijuana
- Whitefish Community Foundation hosts Third Annual Summer Art Social Fundraiser
- Metro Detroiters Help Homeless Veterans
- Planning an Event? Find the Top DMC in Chicago and Milwaukee
- New York's "Serious Injury" Requirement – A Recent Car Accident Case That The Jury Blew