9 Ways to Get Cheaper Car Insurance for Young Drivers: Focus on Rates
- Author Laura Ginn
- Published January 2, 2014
- Word count 675
Young drivers are notoriously difficult to insure for a reasonable rate. Why? Because, statistically, young drivers get into more accidents than older, more experienced drivers. But there are things you can do to ensure that your young driver pays less for car insurance. Here are 9 ways to get cheaper car insurance for young drivers.
#1: Compare Rates Between Companies
Number one on your list when you are looking for a lower car insurance rate for a young driver should be to compare rates between companies. Some insurance companies are young driver "friendly" and some are not. Locate the lowest priced car insurance company and switch to that company.
#2: Get More Experience
It may seem like a bit of a Catch-22, but young drivers who have more experience may be eligible for lower rates on their car insurance. But it is impossible to get more experience without driving for a while on a higher rate plan, right?. Ah, but there is a way to get around the "more experience" criteria inherent in just about every car insurance plan.
Sign up your young driver for an extra class in driving to get a discounted rate on car insurance. Classes like Pass Plus are a great way to ensure that your young driver gets extra driving instruction and experience. Many insurance companies offer special discounts for young drivers who have completed such a course.
#3: Add and Adult
Young driver insurance rates are typically higher when there is not an older adult as primary on the insurance plan. Add an older adult - a parent or an older sister or brother - to get cheaper rates on insurance for your young driver.
#4: Drive a Base Model Car
Anyone who has had car insurance knows that the fancier the car, the more expensive it is to insure that car. Although every young person wants to drive a flashy car, young drivers should stick with only base model cars at least for the first few years of driving; they are simply cheaper to insure.
#5: Install a Tracking Device
Although as a whole the category of drivers that includes young drivers is viewed as a risky pool of drivers to insurers, not every young driver is a risk. To show insurance companies that they are smart, safe drivers, many young drivers have volunteered to install tracking devices in their cars that give their insurer a picture of their driving habits. In return, the insurer generally offers a discounted rate.
#6: Lower the Level of Coverage
Older, experienced drivers typically enjoy cheaper rates. For this reason, a comprehensive coverage plan is far more affordable for them. But to insure a younger driver on a full coverage plan can be cost prohibitive. Insure your young driver with a plan that covers only liability to get a cheaper rate.
#7: Raise the Deductible of the Plan
Consider an insurance plan with a higher deductible for your young driver. Higher deductible plans are, as a rule, less expensive than lower deductible plans.
#8: Pick a Plan Designed for Young Drivers
Not every car insurance company wants to insure young drivers. But those that do generally offer plans specifically geared toward young drivers. These plans often come with restrictions, so make sure you understand what is in the fine print before signing up your young driver for such a plan.
#9: Drive Less
Insurance companies assume that the more anyone drives, the more likely it becomes that that person could be involved in an accident. This assumption is highlighted in regard to young drivers. With their lack of experience, the likelihood that a young driver will be involved in an accident is higher. So, to counteract this assumption, some insurance companies offer lower rates to young drivers who agree to drive fewer miles overall.
Using these 9 ways to get cheaper car insurance for young drivers may bring car insurance into the affordable realm for you and your young driver. Incorporate all of them or only one or two to get the best deal you can on car insurance for your young driver.
Laura Ginnunderstands that there are many ways to reduce the cost of your car insurance if you are prepared to make the effort. Visit uswitch.com/car-insurance/9-ways-to-get-cheaper-car-insurance-for-young-drivers/ and discover what you can do to save money on the cost of your car insurance premiums.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What the Hail is going on with Colorado Storms?
- Get The Best Home Insurance Leads From 50 States Insurance Leads
- Why Auto Insurance Providers Care About Your Past Claims
- Insurance, Blockchain & Oracles
- A Brief Guide to Cyber Liability Insurance
- Smart Questions for Your Insurance Broker, Perth Business Owners Should Ask
- All You Should Know About Product Liability Insurance
- Tips to Make Your Business Insurance Renewal Easier
- Brand Brand Nomberg & Rosenbaum, LLP; NYC Auto Accident Attorneys
- When and How to Go From Part Time to Full Time in the Motor Trade?
- What you need to know about Auto Insurance
- Proving a Defect Car Part Was Responsible for Your Car Accident
- Whose Insurance Pays for an Accident in a Rental Car?
- Loya's Auto Insurance Place
- Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance Company
- Almost 140 year old Central Insurance Company
- Good2Go Auto Insurance Atlanta
- Independent Car Insurance Estimator
- Car Insurance Estimator Guide
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- How to Get Accurate Car Insurance Estimate Online
- Understanding the basics and simple methodology of Auto Insurance
- How to Get Fred Loya Quote
- Automatic Direct Auto Insurance Quote
- Fred Loya Insurance – Local Insurance Company
- Citizens Insurance Michigan
- Go Auto Insurance - Specific Offers for Specific Needs
- What You Need to Know about Contacting Your Provider of Motorbike Insurance When Your Bike Is Stolen
- Using the Internet to Find Lower Cost Motorcycle Insurance
- How You Can Benefit from Black Box Insurance