Guide For Checking And Changing Your Car’s Air Filter
- Author Sandeep Kumar
- Published October 19, 2006
- Word count 463
An automotive air filter is not only good for you in your room or office, but its also ideal for your car. The lifespan of your car can be greatly enhanced with the right air filter. Your car’s air filter is very important since it keeps the engine of your car free of dust and dirt, which may reduce its efficiency. A wrong air filter can greatly affect the performance of your car. Hence, its highly recommended that you check the filter and change when necessary. Checking and changing your air filter is not as difficult as some people out there think. There are some simple steps which need to be followed
When should you change your car’s air filters? You should change it once a year or after every 15,000 kms, but it is always recommended to keep checking the filter after 10,000 for dust and wear and tear. It’s not hard to check or replace the air filter. You can do it once you learn the how-to
How do you check and replace it? You can do it by using a torch or some source of light from inside pointing outside and check how bright it looks through it. If you can see the light clearly, then your air filter is still in a pretty good condition. But if you cannot see much of the light , it is time for a new air filter.
Newer cars come with different air filters than the older ones. If your car is new, then its air filter is probably rectangular and can be found under the hood, near the radiator area or fender wells. Open it and remove the air filter from it and replace it with the new one. Make sure you close it up after replacing the filter.
But if your car is older, then the air filter will probably be of a big round shape which can be found near the engine area. You may find it screwed. Unscrew the cover, remove the air filter and put the new one instead while not forgetting to screw it back again. However, this demands your utmost attention in case there are any other attachment mechanism that may need to be removed as well.
However, if you can’t do all of that, it’s recommended that you call a professional mechanic to help you change it. It’s also advisable that you stay with him when he’s changing the air filter as well as ensuring that a genuine air filter is actually used to replace the old one. There are many mechanics out there that will fix the wrong or fake air filter into your car. This ensures that you come back to them to have your car repaired. Be careful
Working as a content writer for Anaga Solutions and [Fowler Filters
](http://www.fowlerfilters.in)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels