Broken Relationship; Scratch Out His Eyes, Or Cut Off His Willy?
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published May 4, 2009
- Word count 723
I recall reading an article in the UK press about the revenge taken by a "woman scorned". Her response to her husband's affair was very dramatic to say the least; she cut the legs and arms off all of his suits and then set about distributing the contents of his celebrated wine cellar around the village in which they lived - one or two bottles on each and every doorstep, together with their morning milk delivery! Quite inventive.
And then I'm sure we all read about the case of a certain man whose furious wife decided that cutting legs off suits simply wasn't enough and took a knife to his manhood instead. I subsequently read that he turned this to his advantage by becoming a porn star; Apparently so many people wanted to see his "wotsit", he not only had it sewn back on again, he had a couple of inches added aswell!
This doesn't appear to be an uncommon occurrence; just Google "cut off his willy" and there are numerous references to this form of revenge. In fact I did hear that some ladies have taken this one step further, and attached their partners' manhood to helium balloons so as to ensure that they would not be able to have them sewn back on again. Ouch!
What is the message being conveyed? Is the aim simply to make sure that they won’t be able to do THAT again? Or "you hurt me and so I'll hurt you", in the spirit of "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth"? Or is it to expose their actions to the world at large, to embarrass them just as you feel you have been embarrassed? Is it simply a way of lashing out? All of the above are intertwined, I'm sure.
Not everyone responds in such a dramatic manner. Have you watched the film "the women"? It's an intriguing film, with Meg Ryan (in the most recent version) playing the housewife who thinks everything is running along quite smoothly...until she discovers her husband's dalliance with the perfume girl in their local upscale store.
This film depicts every type of woman, all ages, shapes, sizes and mentalities - and each has their own take on how the husband should be dealt with. The mother's is the voice of reason (and experience) recommending a stiff upper lip combined with a period of playing hard to get, and letting him know what he is missing. Sensible woman - this approach was working rather well, until friends added their opinions into the mix!
But, how do you control your emotions, and turn a blind eye, when your heart is breaking? And how do you know if your partner is just having a minor dalliance or if they have really fallen in love? It's very difficult, if not impossible, to be logical when your emotions are involved. Logic and emotions are like "oil and water" and rarely do they mix well in these circumstances.
In fact whenever you are confronted with a situation perceived as a threat (and this type of circumstance definitely falls into that category) your higher brain functions are effectively cut off, ensuring that you cannot think logically. One has to step back and calm down before your logical brain can re-engage. Your emotions definitely need to be managed in such circumstances.
Whether it's best to lash out or to turn a blind eye is a matter of personal opinion. Either way, there's a lot you can do to help yourself to think logically and deal with an undesirable situation in the most effective manner possible. And if it does end in a permanent rift, it's massively important to be your own best friend and to make it as easy as possible for you to move on.
There is an art to moving on after a broken relationship, but you can learn it, and apply it. Hypnosis is extremely useful in all this as in itself it is a state of relaxation, and allows you to take a step back and think logically; you can rebuild your confidence and see things from a different angle with a few well placed suggestions...and prepare yourself to attract a better partner into your life.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis mp3 downloads and hypnosis recordings.
With a degree in psychology and numerous qualifications in hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and sports psychology, Roseanna Leaton is one of the leading practitioners of self-improvement. Read more at http://www.RoseannaLeaton.com and try a FREE hypnotic relaxation download.
http://www.roseannaleaton.com, specialist in hypnosis mp3 downloads and hypnosis recordings for health and self improvement.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Should You Opt For A Postnuptial Agreement?
- What is a C100 Child Arrangements Form and When Do I need One?
- Co-Parenting After Divorce: 3 Benefits for Your Family
- Divorce and Children During the Holidays
- What Factors Determine the Type and Amount of Alimony in Florida?
- Divorce Lawyer in Spring TX
- Spousal Maintenance and A Huge Mistake
- Top 6 Uncovered Branches under Family Law Fort Worth You Must Know
- Fort Worth’s Divorces are Painful, But It Gets Adjusted Overtime
- Navigating the Difficulties of a Divorce
- Contemplating a Divorce? Why You Need a Divorce Lawyers
- Advantages Of Being The First To Meet With A Divorce Lawyer
- Divorce Costs: The Cost Of Revenge
- Family Violence More Likely To Occur In Homes With Kids
- Divorce Property Settlement Myths
- Cross Divorces In Cyprus
- Maintenance After Divorce In Cyprus
- Help Save My Marriage: How to save your marriage when it’s only you making attempts to see it last
- Unexpected Upsides to My Parents Divorce
- Child Custody and Religion During a Divorce
- The Why and How about a Prenuptial Agreement?
- Ex-Spouse Filing For Bankruptcy? How This Affects Child Support
- A Guide To Choose The Right Divorce Lawyer
- Having Trouble Collecting Child Support From Your Ex-Spouse?
- Disconnecting From Your Spouse Online
- How Social Media Is Used In Divorce Proceedings
- Family Law: Dealing with the Stress of Divorce
- Child Custody: Grandparents Vs. Parents
- Moving Out of Michigan, Childhood Obesity and Custody
- How to Come Out Of Your Divorce With the Best Overall Outcome