Dating After Divorce
- Author Dillon Norris
- Published November 2, 2009
- Word count 625
Do you find yourself divorced and dating again? It's so hard to find someone special enough to make a move. It's hard enough to even accept your first date let alone start a new life with someone special. Dating is a game that can involve good times and bad times. The thing about love is that you have a risk and everyone has a risk. The excitement is what we live for. It is what we need in our lives.
If you have been out of the game for a long time, you may feel a little out of place. You are now in new situations with new people. Dating is hard and it gets harder the older we get. Why? Because we tend to be on the defense rather than the offense when it comes to dating in our older years. Before you get to the dating, you have to stop and think about a few things. You have to seriously think about what you are looking for and why.
The first thing that you need to do is just your priorities straight. Do you just want to meet new people, do you want to be friends, or this a relationship that you seek? Don't allow anyone to tell you what you should do. You can be in your 60's and seek love; you can be any age and want to seek love. You should never let another person tell you what you want. You need to know what you want first so that you don't mislead anyone or get mixed messages. This is the way that you can date smart. Dating smart means that you both of the same objections and are perfectly matched in goals.
The next thing is to be open-minded. You have forgotten what it is like to be in love. You can make crazy mistakes in the name of love. Don't allow yourself to get too far off the ground. You don't your heart to break so early in the game. The first date is always the worst. If he calls back, great, and if they don't then it's okay because you have another date. Don't tie yourself down. Play the field to find out what exactly you are looking for. This will let you to pick someone because you want to not because you are settling.
When it comes to meeting someone new be open to the channels of love. Let your family and friends help you get back in the game by doing some blind dating or speed dating. You will want to ask some of your friends to help you find someone and you should ask your family the same thing. The only thing about blind dates is that you want to make sure that your supported. Don't allow someone to say that your too old or blind dates are ridiculous. We all have had a blind date and one or two turned out to be a meaningful relationship.
You can answer a personal ad online or in the newspaper. The only thing that you have to worry about this kind of blind date is that it is done in a public place. You want to make sure that you are safely going to meet someone. Don't allow them to know your full name or where you live until after a few dates and you thing that it's someone that you would like to meet.
When you have allowed yourself to meet that special someone, you will find that your life will pick up where it seemed to fall apart and you may have your happy ever after. The only thing about ever 'afters' is that they normally don't find you, you have to find them.
There are no posted comments.
- Co-Parenting After Divorce: 3 Benefits for Your Family
- Divorce and Children During the Holidays
- What Factors Determine the Type and Amount of Alimony in Florida?
- Divorce Lawyer in Spring TX
- Spousal Maintenance and A Huge Mistake
- Top 6 Uncovered Branches under Family Law Fort Worth You Must Know
- Fort Worth’s Divorces are Painful, But It Gets Adjusted Overtime
- Navigating the Difficulties of a Divorce
- Contemplating a Divorce? Why You Need a Divorce Lawyers
- Advantages Of Being The First To Meet With A Divorce Lawyer
- Divorce Costs: The Cost Of Revenge
- Family Violence More Likely To Occur In Homes With Kids
- Divorce Property Settlement Myths
- Cross Divorces In Cyprus
- Maintenance After Divorce In Cyprus
- Help Save My Marriage: How to save your marriage when it’s only you making attempts to see it last
- Unexpected Upsides to My Parents Divorce
- Child Custody and Religion During a Divorce
- The Why and How about a Prenuptial Agreement?
- Ex-Spouse Filing For Bankruptcy? How This Affects Child Support
- A Guide To Choose The Right Divorce Lawyer
- Having Trouble Collecting Child Support From Your Ex-Spouse?
- Disconnecting From Your Spouse Online
- How Social Media Is Used In Divorce Proceedings
- Family Law: Dealing with the Stress of Divorce
- Child Custody: Grandparents Vs. Parents
- Moving Out of Michigan, Childhood Obesity and Custody
- How to Come Out Of Your Divorce With the Best Overall Outcome
- Fathers’ Custody Rights Matter
- 3 Reasons to Update Your Will