Panic And Anxiety Attack Symptoms - Are They The Same?
- Author Dean Caporella
- Published June 5, 2007
- Word count 476
Panic attack can sneak up on a person like stealth, bring on an intense and overwhelming feeling of fear and then dissipate. Those who have experienced it for the first time are at a loss to explain what they just went through and will often times be left in a "muck lather" of sweat. It's a frightening experience simply because there is generally no warning it's about to happen.
Difference Between Anxiety And Panic Attack
Let's clear up the difference between anxiety and panic attacks. An anxiety attack tends to last longer. It is more of a gradual build up and the feeling is not quite as intense. On the other hand, panic attacks will occur without warning and overwhelm a person quickly.
So in summary, an anxiety attack is being worried about something while a panic attack is also being concerned about something in your life but with it comes the whole package, namely the symptoms of panic attack.
Did You Know?
If not treated, a panic attack sufferer's life can be one of withdrawal. It can impact a sufferer's relationships with friends and family because of the fear of suffering an attack in a public place. Without professional treatment, further complications could eventuate such as a depressed feeling of helplessness.
What Is Panic Disorder?
Is panic attack related to panic disorder. Isolated instances of panic attack shouldn't be a concern for developing panic disorder. However, if the attacks are frequent then yes, there is reason for concern.
Panic disorder will probably be a factor if you are constantly in fear of suffering a panic attack. If a person makes any changes to their lifestyle habits such as avoiding certain areas or places because they fear they will have an episode then professional advice should be sought. It can be a chronic condition and just deciding to withdraw from your usual lifestyle is not the answer. It can be diagnosed and treated.
Diagnosis is not easy though because there may be a correlation with a pre disposed disorder such as depression. A doctor will need to correctly identify any one of these disorders before making a correct diagnosis of panic disorder. The causes are numerous including major events in your life such as moving house, marriage, break up or job promotion and job loss. There is also a suggestion it could run in the family.
People with panic disorder must realise they are not going crazy. Cognitive behavioural treatment has been successful in helping people overcome this disorder and get their lives back on track.
Getting to understand what panic attack is helps in altering destructive thought patterns and eventually coping with one's fears. Therapy also includes controlled breathing exercises and actually will reach a stage where a person may be asked to go to a place or experience a situation they fear.
Dean Caporella is a professional broadcaster. Can panic attack lead to panic disorder? Get the facts with this informative guide plus, read the latest panic/anxiety attack news and reviews at:http://www.panicattacksite.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Getting Over Shyness & Social Anxiety
- 4 Book That Help You Beat Anxiety And Stress
- Can Hemp Oil Help With My Anxiety?
- Yoga Techniques To Transform A Negative Mind
- Weighted Blankets for Adults with Anxiety
- Smart Techniques for Dealing with Stress
- Reducing Elderly Depression with Group Activities
- A.B.C. STOP This Anxiety
- Five Things You Must Consider When Overcoming Depression
- Panic Problems Can Be Improved Eternally
- How To Stop Anxiety Attacks - 2 Quick Tips To Treat Panic Attacks
- The Fear of Death and Dying
- Panic Diaries: A Genealogy of Panic Disorder by Jackie Orr
- Panic Attack Disorder and How to Stop It
- Settling The Cases In a Systematic Way
- How to gain more confidence in yourself!
- My Panic Attacks Treatment - 100% Natural For Women Over 30
- Understanding Mental Health
- Kick Out PTSD Thinking and Celebrate New Beginnings
- The Importance Of Dealing With Anxiety Problems
- Make PTSD Your Footstool and Rest in the Lord
- Dealing with Anxiety
- Important Lifestyle Changes to Keep Your Feelings of Anxiety at Normal Levels
- Concentration and Anxiety
- How tor Reduce with Anxiety
- OCD & Anxiety
- Find Out the Best Depression Therapy and Anxiety Treatment Los Angeles
- When Anxiety Has A Life Of Its Own
- How You Can Help Family Members Handle Cut Anxiety Disorder
- How to Get Rid of Anxiety Disorders through Anxiety therapy Treatment Options