All about Area Rugs
- Author Greg Garner
- Published December 17, 2009
- Word count 562
If you are searching for ways to spruce up your home, then you should definitely consider area rugs. They are a great way to add character to a room. They provide an intimate environment to the room as they give warmth by protecting the feet from the cold floor. Even if you have already done the décor of the room and thought about adding the oval rugs later, do not worry. These rugs come in different sizes, styles and colors making it possible for you to match them with your décor. You can select among natural, handmade rugs like Nourison rugs or ones made from synthetic fibers. The prices of the rugs are also different depending on a lot of factors. You can choose from Persian, Oriental and contemporary rugs.
Round area rugs will help you to decrease noise level in a room with hard flooring. Though Nourison rugs are more popular because of the quality, machine made rugs can look and feel the same but cost you much less.
There are certain things that you should keep in mind before buying cheap area rugs. You should consider how you are going to use the room. Also think where the rug is going to be placed, how much traffic that area will get and how the rug will look under lighting. If you want the room to look larger, use light colored rugs. If you want to create a cozy environment, use a deeper color. The greater the density of the warp and wefts in the area rug, the less wear and tear it will undergo. Ensure that the rug has padding. This will also lessen the wear and tear and it will be easy to vacuum the rug. It will also absorb sound more and contribute to a quieter room. Also your area rugs need not match the color of your upholstery and curtains. Do not go for discount area rugs just because of the price tag. Make sure that they have quality.
Do not select a very small rug. You have to leave some space between the wall and the rug. It should have a border on every side. When selecting a rug for placing under the dining table, make sure that it extends beyond the edge of the table. This way it can fit the chairs too.
There are three types of area rugs available today. The first one is hand hooked. These are made by weaving yarn from the backside of a canvas cloth in a way that it creates a design. This type of rug has a protective backing. The second type is woven or flat woven rug. Here the loom is controlled by machine or hand. The third type is braided rug which is created from strips torn from canvas and blankets and then braided.
If you are thinking of buying Persian or Oriental rugs, then you should look at the following considerations. The first one is the type of material. It is better to opt for silk, wool or cotton material as they are stronger than synthetic. The second one is the knots per square inch. In this case; the more the knots, the better the rug. Flaws in the rug are a welcome sign since they indicate that the rug was handmade. High pricing usually indicates that the area rug has quality.
Greg Garner is author of this article on round area rugs.
Find more information about area rugs here.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing