Another Facebook Spam E-mail Again?
- Author Angeline Mabute
- Published February 7, 2010
- Word count 383
Help Net Security reported that Facebook users should be careful with Facebook spam e-mails claiming to be from Facebook administrators. Aside from being part of a phishing campaign, the said e-mail also transmit a nasty Trojan responsible for stealing the user's banking information. Incidentally, Red Condor, a Web security company, was able to notice the new phishing e-mail attack.
The spam e-mail contains a web-link that redirects recipients to a hoax login page of Facebook getting account information from them. As soon as all the credentials are typed in, a page will then ask the user to download "updatetool.exe", which is a kind of Trojan Zbot. Once the virus is installed, it will go through the hard drive of the user and gather stored personal banking information and other login information. It also does key logging and other malicious activities to obtain your information. According to Red Condor, phishers have made the fake Facebook login page for users to log on to Facebook in a refined manner. As a result, some users might believe that the login page is real.
Since million of Internet users are enjoying Facebook every day, users should be aware of these various hoax Facebook e-mails that were arriving in their mailboxes. Additionally, Jamie Tomasello, Cloudmark’s Abuse Operations Manager, stated that the Facebook scam is a result of a social engineering technique. Facebook is very popular in these days making it to be a prime target of cybercriminals and spammers. Malware authors are repeating their techniques to exploit Facebook's popularity and control e-mail users to open their malicious e-mails. A Trojan malware Bredolab was also discovered disguising as a Facebook Password Reset. Internet security specialists noted that social networks still doesn't impose using of HTTPS in place of HTTP in the URL because phishing pages imitating Facebook tends to succeed more.
Facebook is widely known for social networking, also being used by malware authors and spammers to victimize other people. If you feel that your PC is infected with malware, don’t worry. Techie Now can give you a hand with your PC needs – be it virus and spyware removal, performance optimization, installation and configuration, and general repair. Contact Techie Now and we will protect your PC before these malware get a chance to infect your system.
If you want your PC to be protected, Techie Now is ready to provide you flexible, quick and safe services when it comes to virus and spyware removal, performance optimization, software installation and configuration, and other general repair. Feel free to visit us, http://www.techienow.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Stopping Fax Spam
- Easiest way to remove Chrome Search Today
- Chrome Search Today deletion, ways of penetration and methods of protection
- How to uninstall malicious Untabs application
- Our Lucky Sites browser hijacker and its deletion
- How to Track SPAM Calls – Beat the Telemarketer
- How to remove Marketing Research adware from Windows and all browsers
- How to uninstall Searchgra hijacker from Windows and from all browsers
- How to recognize adware, and how to remove it completely
- Online Relationship Building Takes The Steady Road To Success
- 10 Reasons Not To Spam
- Virus Spyware Removal - Will Antivirus Software Protect Me?
- How to Recover Your Rankings on Google
- How To Prevent Yourself From Being Phished
- Everybody Produces Spam.
- Looking for SPYWARE BLOCKERS? Yes, SPYWARE BLOCKERS. It's all here!
- In What Way An Email Spam Blocker Will Save You Time And Effort
- Closing the POP3 protocol gap: how known errors are being solved with the brand new popConnect 10 from Visendo
- How to Remove Tango Toolbar Virus
- Stop Spam Comments
- Is AWeber Spam? Could Email Marketing Compromise Your Business?
- Spam and small businesses
- How to get protected from spammers
- Danger, spyware is a serious threat!
- Speed up the performance of your PC
- Don't let spam bots grab your email address!
- Spam Filter
- The Difference between Opt-in Mails and Spam
- Simple Ways To Stop Email Spam