Self-Motivation - It’s like brushing your teeth
- Author Calvin Dorman
- Published January 29, 2013
- Word count 551
Do you have the ability to do what needs to be done, without influence from other people or situations?
How many people, do you think, are self-motivated enough to find a reason and strength to complete a task, even when challenging, without giving up or needing another to encourage them?
Motivational speakers are cashing it in worldwide. But why in the world would a boss need to motivate employees? I know you’ll have a million good reasons as to why it is done, but think about it for a moment.
I can understand that you can increase SKILL level with on-the-job-training, but should one actually be hiring or training someone to be motivated at his or her job?
Here’s my theory on this topic of SELF-MOTIVATION: On the one hand, the person is doing the job basically because there is some aspect to the job that is fulfilling and that he/she is passionate or cares about and they can make a living from it. Then, on the other hand, there is the person who cares only for the pay-cheque; they would rather be doing something else, but that "something else" is not bringing in the money like the "pay-cheque job", so they simply do the minimum.
Now, let me come back to my question I put to you in the beginning…
Why in the world would you need to motivate employees?
The answer: because there are too many people who would rather be "doing something else" but they have become "addicted" to the paycheque. (Are you addicted to your pay-cheque?)
Gentle reader, are you self-motivated in your career path? Are you determined to be the best in your field of expertise and are willing to grow and learn, whatever it takes or whatever it might cost you? This question about self-motivation is an important question to ask.
Do not rely on friends, family or your boss to "pump you up" to meet targets or set personal goals. This is your task.
Here is the simple truth: People who have found their passion in life are by nature SELF-motivated. They stay on top of their industries and market trends. They are self-motivated to learn more about their job. In fact, they do not see their "job" as a job, but as a blessing to be able to learn and do more EVEN if they do not get recognition for it. They do not care about getting "appreciated" for their contribution - they are too busy focusing on their growth experience.
There are many tools you can use to help you get self-motivated. Books, seminars, mentors, role models, vision boards, etc, but you have to realize that it has to start from within. Meaning: It is a choice or a decision you make to be motivated each day. It is like brushing your teeth… it is something you have to do each day and not skip.
You CANNOT allow, nor wait for people and circumstances to get you motivated and fired up. Simply, pick up the tools each day yourself and stay motivated. Be aware that a motivated person has the energy levels to far out-perform any colleague or competitor. Motivated people are ACHIEVERS and you won’t find them procrastinating. They set their goals and achieve them with passion.
Calvin Dorman is a Professional Business Consultant and Web Marketing Lecturer from Cape Town, South Africa, offering companies and individuals more effective Web Marketing, one to one Computer Training and Graphic Design solutions. Send Calvin an email: email@example.com or give him a call now on 084 632 6622. Read more of Calvin's motivational articles at http://www.calvinbusiness.co.zaArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Best motivational, inspirational quotes
- Best Life Quotes of All Time
- Changing Our Mindset To Achieve Our Highest Potential
- The 7 "P"s
- You Can Pass The Test!
- How to promote your online profile (five basic steps).
- Are You a Queen or Still a Princess?
- Luck has nothing to do with it
- Forget about forgetting your insecurity — here’s what to do instead!
- Okay, so you messed up. Now what?
- Why is taking the first step so hard?
- How To Transition From a Wantrepreneur To an Entrepreneur
- Resiliency: An Equal Opportunity Resource
- Now What Did Cheri Do?
- Why the Idea of "Perfection" is BS
- A Few Words About Wayne Dyer
- 10 inspirational quotes than can improve yourself: Do You Really Need It? This Will Help You Decide!
- Tangible Tool - Receiving Community
- 7 Tips To Inspire Your Destiny and Life Purpose
- To Risk Or Not To Risk, That Is THE Question!
- Let's Change The World
- If Seal Is Broken... (Might as Well Laugh)
- How to Co-Create with the How
- Learning to Love
- Ready, Set, Let Go
- Convenient Mistruths
- The 3 P`s for Success
- What Makes You Want to Pray?
- Are You Spiritually Depressed?
- 5 Practices to Staying Connected while Living Your Life