5 Practices to Staying Connected while Living Your Life
- Author Jennifer Urezzio
- Published July 24, 2015
- Word count 520
The question I receive most often from people is, "How do I stay connected and conscious in my everyday life?" My answer is simple and complex – it’s a practice.
- Practice the pause.
In the hustle and bustle of our fast-paced lives, we don’t catch that we feel disconnected from our essential self and the Divine until we are knee-deep in the mud. When you practice the pause, it allows you to create a moment of stillness to make a choice from a place of love rather than fear.
The "pause" works like this:
As you know that you are moving into fear or stress (and we all know what that feels like in our bodies), take a deep breath and see yourself on a train platform.
A train pulls up, and you enter the car. This car is filled with everything in life that gives you peace, comfort, and love.
Feel your body relax.
Now, from this place of deep peace and love, you can ask yourself what action to take in this situation.
- Create a sacred practice that works.
Most people don’t stick with a sacred practice, because they are setting up a practice based on someone else’s preferences. A sacred practice is your time to connect with your higher self and the Divine. It is your time to feel deeply loved and supported and to ask questions of the Divine to receive additional insight. It doesn’t have to be a 30-minute meditation, and it doesn’t have to be the same thing every day. It does have to be consistent. Some sacred practices include meditation, journaling, dance, singing, praying, intention setting, and reading.
- You don’t have to master all the spiritual principles - choose one.
There are a number of laws and spiritual principles of the Universe. You may have heard of a couple: Law of Attraction, Law of Receiving, Law of Increase, Law of Compensation, Law of Non-Resistance, Law of Forgiveness, Principle of Generosity, Principle of Gratitude, Principle of Responsibility… If you try to incorporate all of these laws and principles into everyday living, you can get overwhelmed. Pick one to be your modus operandi (method of operation) and stick with it. Study the principle or law. Be aware when you are not living within the guidelines of that principle or law (without judging yourself) and bring yourself back to the foundations of it.
- Release your expectations.
Often we have all these expectations for our lives and the lives of others. The only expectation that I suggest, in order to live a spiritual life in everyday moments of your life, is to expect magic, miracles, and goodness.
- Live your life from the inside out.
We are programed to look outside of ourselves for approval and validation. By looking outside ourselves for why we are loved, acceptance, and approval we will always fail. Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and allow yourself, with each inhalation, to see a prism of light in your heart growing and filling you with the knowing that you are loved and supported exactly as you are.
Jennifer Urezzio specializes in helping people connect - to themselves, to each other, and to the Divine. She founded a new paradigm, Soul Language, which provides guidance for understanding our true nature and tools for accessing deeper levels of awareness. To learn more visit: www.SoulLanguage.us or http://www.soullanguage.us/the-book/.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Replace The Negatives In Your Life With Positivity And Move Your Life Forward
- Leadership in Trying Times — 5 Leadership Traits
- I have a Dream and it makes me excited
- IT’S NEVER TOO LATE
- Best motivational, inspirational quotes
- Best Life Quotes of All Time
- Changing Our Mindset To Achieve Our Highest Potential
- The 7 "P"s
- You Can Pass The Test!
- How to promote your online profile (five basic steps).
- Are You a Queen or Still a Princess?
- Luck has nothing to do with it
- Forget about forgetting your insecurity — here’s what to do instead!
- Okay, so you messed up. Now what?
- Why is taking the first step so hard?
- How To Transition From a Wantrepreneur To an Entrepreneur
- Resiliency: An Equal Opportunity Resource
- Now What Did Cheri Do?
- Why the Idea of "Perfection" is BS
- A Few Words About Wayne Dyer
- 10 inspirational quotes than can improve yourself: Do You Really Need It? This Will Help You Decide!
- Tangible Tool - Receiving Community
- 7 Tips To Inspire Your Destiny and Life Purpose
- To Risk Or Not To Risk, That Is THE Question!
- Let's Change The World
- If Seal Is Broken... (Might as Well Laugh)
- How to Co-Create with the How
- Learning to Love
- Ready, Set, Let Go
- Convenient Mistruths