Now What Did Cheri Do?
- Author Cheri Neal
- Published June 4, 2017
- Word count 584
There are so many quotes about perspective: "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." by Wayne Dyer. And "The smallest change in perspective can transform a life. What tiny attitude adjustment might turn your world around?" by Oprah. And Paula Rollo's quote, "Sometimes, just a little change in perspective can turn a bad day into a good one." You've seen the picture where you look at it one way and you see a woman and another way looks like a duck. Perspective is everything.
Mine was in the toilet the day I got the email from Escape Adulthood speaker and expert Jason Kotecki and his wife, Kim, informing me that I had been chosen as THE Adultitis Fighter of the Month. I had NO idea what that meant so I went to their website and found blogs from others who had been chosen in prior months. These people were amazingly awesome! They lived lives that I aspired to be like. Why had they chosen ME to be in this elite circle?
It was ironic timing as I was going through a VERY difficult time in my life, being challenged at every level. I was suffering from the aftermath of a very ugly election. I made the conscious choice to not engage in the battle outwardly, but inwardly it was a huge struggle. I wondered why on God's green earth would I want to be an elected official in this day and age, with the personal attacks and the character assassination attempts? I was stuck in drama quicksand and couldn't seem to crawl out. Deep down though, I knew that the reason that I chose this profession was because I am passionate about service. And to me, public service is the highest form of giving back. But stress runs high in that choice. And perspective gets cloudy.
When I got the email from the Kotecki's announcing that they were choosing me as their Adultitis Fighter of the Month, I sat staring at my computer dumbfounded. I certainly did not feel like an Adultitis fighter at all. As a matter fact, I felt like my life experience was making me really old.
As if directed by an angel, Kim asked me to complete a questionnaire as soon as possible. Perspective shift required. Her questions were a much needed distraction from the overzealous voice in my head.
As I began answering her questions and finding pictures to accompany their request, I couldn't help but giggle. Perspective. I was looking at my life from one perspective, while they were looking at my life from a much different view. What they reminded me of, was that even on the battlefield of life, I had still surrounded myself with a tribe of people that nurtured my spirit. I created an environment that made me happy. I was making choices that allowed me to thrive, even in survival times. They reminded me that I truly do love my life and my life really does love me back.
The greatest gift came when I read their blog. What a gift to have someone come along in your darkest time and reframe your life to show you how truly blessed you are. And I am. Perspective. Same life, new lens. Thank you Jason and Kim Kotecki!!! (And Lucy too!)
© 2017, Candid Coaching and Conversations. Publication rights granted to all venues so long as article and by-line are reprinted intact and all links are made live.
A dynamic speaker and trainer, Cheri Neal mixes a powerfully refreshing blend of education, energy and entertainment, engaging participants with right-on-time concepts for enhancing their lives at work, home and in their communities. Some of her clients include the Illinois Municipal League Conference and Lake County Municipal League. To experience the positive benefits that Cheri can bring to your audience visit http://www.CheriNeal.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Inspiration and Its Wisdom
- PUZZLE OF LIFE
- Replace The Negatives In Your Life With Positivity And Move Your Life Forward
- Leadership in Trying Times — 5 Leadership Traits
- I have a Dream and it makes me excited
- IT’S NEVER TOO LATE
- Best motivational, inspirational quotes
- Best Life Quotes of All Time
- Changing Our Mindset To Achieve Our Highest Potential
- The 7 "P"s
- You Can Pass The Test!
- How to promote your online profile (five basic steps).
- Are You a Queen or Still a Princess?
- Luck has nothing to do with it
- Forget about forgetting your insecurity — here’s what to do instead!
- Okay, so you messed up. Now what?
- Why is taking the first step so hard?
- How To Transition From a Wantrepreneur To an Entrepreneur
- Resiliency: An Equal Opportunity Resource
- Why the Idea of "Perfection" is BS
- A Few Words About Wayne Dyer
- 10 inspirational quotes than can improve yourself: Do You Really Need It? This Will Help You Decide!
- Tangible Tool - Receiving Community
- 7 Tips To Inspire Your Destiny and Life Purpose
- To Risk Or Not To Risk, That Is THE Question!
- Let's Change The World
- If Seal Is Broken... (Might as Well Laugh)
- How to Co-Create with the How
- Learning to Love