- Author Yvonne Mason
- Published August 25, 2021
- Word count 492
The word FEAR or the feeling of FEAR strikes people every day of their lives. It is the most crippling word in the English Language. It is a physical word which causes heart palpitations, racing pulse, sweaty palms, headaches and sometimes even death. FEAR makes the mind do insane things to the psychic. It creates a reality that is not always true. Finally, it cripples the mind and body to the point that a rational solution cannot be found.
To understand the word, we must first define it. Webster defines the word as an adjective: an often unpleasant, strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger. Anxious or concern, reason for alarm.
Now that we have defined the word, let’s look at the word as an anagram.
F - False
E - Evidence that
R - Real
Often, in our daily lives, we see evidence of things that appear real. One example, a child falls down and cuts the forehead, it bleeds like an artery has been opened and the child is crying like he or she is dying. The false evidence is that the cut is worse than it really is. Our heart pounds, our pulse races and our minds believe what our lying eyes are telling us. At first, we are paralyzed. We cannot move, then we may yell at the child because we really believe the child is dying. Then we yell at anyone close by like it is their fault.
Once we calm down, wipe away the blood and understand that the cut is minor, we put a band aid on it, kiss the child and apologize for being so foolish. In the meantime, we have shortened our life span because we created the rush of unnecessary adrenaline through our body like a tsunami. Once we have calmed down, we wonder why we are so tired. The answer is easy, the FEAR we perpetrated put stress on our heart, mind and other organs causing them to move into flight-or-fight mode. Once the perceived danger has dissipated, the extra neurons return to the brain, creating a void in our system, which in turn slows down the heart, pulse and mind. We become exhausted and have a need to rest.
Due to this false evidence that appeared real, we have put undue stress on our bodies, whereas if we had slowed down, assessed the situation and understood there was a solution, there would have been no need for the FEAR.
For every problem, there is a solution. We must train our minds and bodies to act, instead of reacting to False Evidence that Appears Real. This requires discipline, and it takes time and the ability to understand that we should stop to think before we believe what we think we see or hear.
You can train yourself to stop, think, assess, then act, not the other way around. You will be healthier and happier for it.
bUneke is working today to change tomorrow using digital mediums to connect the dots of the world with professional storytelling.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Find Your Voice, Let Your Story Be Heard.
- Blind Date with A Salad Plate
- Hope of a successful lifetime
- The Power of a Growth Mindset
- The Power of Persistence, Determination, and Commitment: Unleashing Your True Potential
- Always Bring Your Swimsuit
- How to Become a Global Youth Ambassador
- From Self-Doubt to Self-Confidence: A Blueprint to Self-Love
- Your Value
- The COVID-19 Impact on GLOBAL Mental Health & Education
- Self Love
- 'Why do you hide from yourself?'
- 10 DISCONSOLATE LIFE HACKS
- A Guide to motivate yourself Monday through Sunday
- 107 Powerful Affirmations For Confidence
- TOP 5 FAMOUS FAILURES-TO-SUCCESS STORIES THAT MIGHT MOTIVATE YOU
- Are You a River or a Pond?
- Excerpt from my book Anthology42
- Potentials: Enriching The World With Yours.
- Being the Change
- Self Motivation: Keeping Yourself Motivated to Achieve Your Goals + Self Improvement and Motivation Tips
- Finding your Purpose through your Pain
- Reflecting on My Life: The Past, The Present, The Future
- The Woman Behind Making Online Dating Safer
- Are we reincarnated or recycled after death?
- Science, Religion, and Spirituality: In Search of God
- How To Prepare For A Successful Future In 4 Simple Ways
- Happy Birthday Quotes