Monkey-Mind Management 101
- Author Susan S. Freeman
- Published September 22, 2021
- Word count 277
Does your mind race all day long like a scampering monkey? Welcome to Monkey Mind!
Are you aware that your brain is spontaneously generating approximately 2000 thoughts per hour or 24,000 thoughts per day? Just thinking about all those thoughts is exhausting!
The truth is that most thoughts are chewing up valuable energy by focusing on either the past or the future. We are everywhere but in the present moment. It is estimated that 90% of all thought is generated at the subconscious level, leaving only 10% for conscious, rational engagement!
If we allow ourselves to be chased by all those thoughts, “monkey-mind” will run us ragged-- up and down and in and out of everywhere. Everywhere but what really matters, which is the present moment. And, you are leaving 90% of thought to unconscious, repetitive habits.
Instead of focusing on how busy, over-committed and overwhelmed we may feel, what about focusing on the following:
What do you care about?
How does what you do relate to what you care about?
What matters about that for you?
Commit to three big things maximum that you will accomplish per day. Then focus on progressing through a high-impact action on each of them; one that will move forward and is in alignment with cares.
Before getting going on the above, commit to the most essential practice of all---centering yourself. From a centered place you can quiet the monkey mind, envision the actions that will move you forward, ask for support in an effective way, and much more.
In fact, everything you look for you already have inside of you.
Along with the 2000 thoughts an hour.
The choice of what to do is yours.
If you enjoyed this article, I have others on my blog at susansfreeman.com
Susan Freeman is an Executive Success Strategist, Leadership Coach, Speaker, Founder and Author of "Step Up Now: 21 Powerful Principles for People Who Influence Others". She writes on the topic of leadership and influence using her unique innovative system that blends Western strategy and Eastern wisdom to activate the Guru Leader Within.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Revolutionizing Business Through FinTech Expertise: Terry Ann Powell-Bajwa's Journey
- WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP: BREAKING THROUGH THE GLASS CEILING
- Adaptive Leadership: A Lesson from a United States Army Engineer Officer
- This is the difference between Vision and Purpose
- Person who motivates me to do better
- Inner Growth versus Global Problem Solving
- If your relationship status with your to-do list is “it’s complicated”, this is for you.
- Unleash The Leadership In You
- Why investing in leadership development is the best business decision today?
- Ikigai, the Spiritually Intelligent Metaverse for Leaders
- Leadership Learning in a Lockdown: Listening Deeper
- Babacar J. Diop a young successful senegalese leader with an inspiring history
- "Respect people for who they are, not what they do," Dr. Burl Randolph, Jr.
- What Our Organizations Need Right Now
- Leaders Who Invite Awe Level Up
- Trigger-Training 101
- Global Leadership Learning from Hawaii
- Global Leadership Learning: Are You Intentional as a Leader?
- How to Become an Artful Leader
- Become a “Now” Kind of Leader
- Leadership Learning from Across the Globe
- Why Your “Why” Matters in Leadership
- 5 tips to be an inspirational leader
- We are all like Icebergs
- Professional Roles and Values
- Ethics entices the enrichment of morality - Warrior Credo
- Little Things Lead to Big Things
- What Your Hands Say About Your Personality ?
- Values Over Morals