Chinese Negotiation Style - Meetings
- Author Steve Hubbard
- Published December 24, 2010
- Word count 262
When negotiating with the Chinese, it is important to understand that they are going to be conduct business in a way that is comfortable to them, which is the Chinese way.
Business etiquette in China is different than in the West, the idea of face and harmony are important concepts to the Chinese. The means that public telling people they are wrong, or that you disagree with them is something you should try and avoid.
How does this affect how they view business meetings and the Chinese negotiation style?
When the Chinese have a business meeting, they often don't expect there to be a resolution to issues during the meeting. To come to a resolution might mean having to tell someone that they are wrong and therefore cause them to lose face. Loosing face is a big insult to many Chinese.
Instead of making major decisions during a group meeting, the Chinese will often meet afterwards in smaller groups of 2-4 people and come to a resolution in the post meeting get togethers. This is perfectly acceptable to the Chinese because it helps them maintain harmony and nobody loses face.
Remember this does not bother them because it is part of the Chinese cultural customs and Chinese business etiquette.
Just realize that you may encounter this as part of the Chinese negotiating style and it will help you be more successful when conducting business in China.
If you find this information helpful and you would like to find out 3 more habits about conducting business in China than just go to our website.
Steve Hubbard first came to China in 1988 and has been living and working here since 2006. He is here to help you conducting business in China and the Chinamarket, learn China business customs and practices, as well as some China fun facts.
To learn 3 Chinese habits and succeed in China, visit:
www.YourGuideToChina.com/Chinese-Negotiation-Style-Meetings.htmlArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Learning to Say No
- Powerful Negotiation
- 5 Steps to Successful Negotiation
- Contract negotiations
- What People Really Want
- How to be a negotiation expert?
- Negotiation Checklist to Ensure a Successful Outcome
- Top 10 Negotiation Strategies
- Choose to Lose - techniques of negotiation
- Clear Negotiating Includes Ploys & Techniques
- Know How to Hold on to the Essence of Negotiating
- Covert Persuasion, Easy to Use Secrets to Hypnotism
- Broker Negotiations - How to Contact the Seller for a Deal
- 7 Tips to Negotiate the Best Telecommunication Contracts
- Broker Negotiations
- Wanting What You Cannot Have
- The Art Of Persuasion And Negotiation: 3 Useful Tips To Get What You Want From People
- Negotiating the Deal
- Negotiating With Conference Centres
- Sales Negotiation Skills: 3 Crucial Sales Negotiation Skills That Could Explode Your Income
- Tips To Negotiate Like A Pro
- The Power of Conversational Hypnosis
- Communication: Key To Harmonious Co-existence
- The Missing Keys to Great Negotiation Skills
- Tips To Successful Business Negotiation
- You Don't Have To Be Right To Settle: How To Negotiate LIke A Pro
- Anatomy of Negotiation
- Chinese Negotiation 101
- 7 Tips for Negotiating the Best Price for a Home